Sunday, September 6, 2009

Time for a Posting

I can believe it's been over a week since I last posted. As stated previously, "time flies." When I look back on last week, I'm not quite sure what we did other than enjoy this wonderful weather. Finally summer has arrived- for a few days. Anyone camping must be in heaven as this Labor Day weekend has been perfect. When our girls were still home, we camped practically every weekend including those when it rained cats and dogs. No campfire, no swimming, but lots of visiting with neighbor campers plus card games which truly was a good time.



I'm sitting outdoors in our backyard on our two seater swing writing this blog. Clint and I just finished cleaning the garden and flower beds of dead branches, spent flowers and anything else that needs to be tossed before the snow flies. We still have scads of green tomatoes that hopefully will ripen before our first frost. The cucumbers are done although the zuchinni continues but on a slower pace. This growing season has been cold and not the best for growing veggies. However, my herbs went crazy, so I'm now in the process of drying sweet basil and parsley. We bought a dehydrator yesterday as hanging the herbs from hooks takes quite some time and isn't the most sanitary way to dry. Now if I can find some directions on drying herbs, I'll be in good shape. Also, going to try making zuchinni chips as well as apple which is a request from Clint. Keep your fingers crossed for a good outcome.



As I sit here, I'm reminded of how much I truly enjoy the warm months in Minnesota. There is a slight breeze blowing, the sky is a true blue with few clouds, the grass is a gorgeous green and the roses are beautiful. I'm rocking back and forth, totally at peace with the world. The only thing that could make it any better is if the girls and grandchildren were here with us.

No comments:

Post a Comment