Friday, August 28, 2009

It's Always Saturday

Last Saturday while attending a beading class at Nordic Gypsy one of the ladies mentioned that "today is Saturday." A woman sitting next to me, said that "it's always Saturday." This statement definitely caught my attention as Clint and I frequently make that very statement.

"Time flies" is another frequently repeated comment by the majority of people. I remember that during my working days I never had enough time to accomplish my tasks. Working parents find themselves rushing from work, to school events, or home to prepare dinner before overseeing homework, or heading out for an evening with the children for a game or dance recital. There was never enough time in a day, or weekend, or month. Always busy, always doing, always tired, or possibly dreaming of the day when the children are on their own and you finally have control of your time. I'm sure I had those thought once in awhile.

Well...believe it or not, time also flies during the golden years, too. The week begins with church attendance on Sunday and then the weekdays all tend to run together one after the other until there are some days when I'm not sure what day it is. Thank goodness for my I-Pod. Of course we are busy each day with the necessary chores, cooking, cleaning, a nap here and there, and of course our very favorite task, visiting the Mayo Brothers Clinic. (What would they do without us? )Keeping up with the family via Facebook, writing emails, reading, volunteering, gardening all tend to fill the rapidly passing days and then it's Saturday again. Wasn't it Saturday yesterday? Where did the weekdays go? Why, they simply flew by. As I stated previously, "It's always Saturday."

No comments:

Post a Comment